Friday 12 August 2011

Mini Beauty Haul


I have been away for a week, in a little place called Pangbourne, near Reading. While there I picked up a few bits and pieces...

I was looking around for a magazine to keep me occupied on the train journey, and stumbled across the newest edition of Marie Clare, never a fan of Marie Clare really but when I saw the fantastic Ciate offer they had, just couldn't resist! 

I bought the mag with the polish in shade "my fair lady" because I think I will get more wear out of this colour.

I have been having my eye on these Ciate polishes for quite a while and I am so pleased I finally have one in my paws!!



The kind Marie Clare people also threw in this Dove hair therapy conditioner too! So who I am to complain!?

Next to be on my List was some foundation, so off I popped to Superdrug in Reading, and low and behold what do they stock!!? Sleek Make up! Well I just about fell over with excitement!! I have been wanting to try to Sleek Pout Polishes ever since seeing them on Pretty in the Desert's blog! 

My local superdrug in my little North Yorkshire town doesn't stock this brand so you can imagine how excited I was when the Pout Polishes were on a 3 for 2 offer aswell!! 

I decided to go for Pin Up, Mauve Over, and Cloud 9  (which is a mixer shade)



I tested Pin Up on the back of my hand, but misjudged how much or should I say little you actually need... cue my hands and my jumper being a red mess after trying to rub it off!! It passed the stubborness test!!

Anyway I purchased those along with some concealer and foundation from the brand.. 



I have some swatches from the Pout Polishes here for you guys...

This amount is all you need!! Maybe even less when you actually put it on your lips (another blog post for that soon!)
Top to Bottom - Cloud 9, Pin Up, Mauve Over


As you can see, very pigmented shades and a little really does go a long way. It has quite a thick consistency, and I would advise using a lip brush to apply these onto your lips, it is also a bugger to get off!! Kiss proof is what we will call it! This image is without flash, I decided to take one with the flash, (but Cloud 9 doesn't show) as the shades are a little brighter in real life and the flash image captures it a tad better!




I really want the Peachy Keen colour next! and I will defo be re purchasing these!

Thanks for reading such a long post!

Ta Ta for now!

Charlie
xx

3 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is Pin Up? I think it's my favorite of the ones I have so far :) And yeah, they get every where! I have red stains on my camera cable from them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to get Marie Claire just for the polish too but I stayed loyal to Company mag haha - I wish I haden't now Lol!!
    I've heard mixed reviews of the pout paints. Would love to see some of your future colour combos!

    Love J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you got the pout paints, I'm dying to try them! I wish Sleek was available in the US!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of my comments, so please continue to make my day and leave me a note!